Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Documenting Their Growth with Canvas Handprints

I absolutely love traditions.  And I absolutely love documenting my children and their growth.  This next project marries to two together.  

Every January I take a new handprint of my children and display in on the wall.  One row for my son, one row for my daughter (added in 2011).



I foresee it becoming even bigger as we add more members to our family, and it's so simple to make.  Here's everything you need:


I purposely don't stamp their hands onto the canvas because there is no room for error.  I instead, stamp their hand on a white sheet of paper until I like how it looks, then cut around it and mod podge it to the canvas.

Such a simple project with lots of fun decor possibilities.  And what kid doesn't like stamping their hand??


PS - don't forget to check out my NEW website!  And remember, for a short time, get double the Reward Points by mentioning that you read my blog in the checkout process!

Linking up to Best DIY Projects by Beneath My Heart

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this blog is really instructive. I would like to know more about this.

    Photo on canvas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful idea. Wish I had started when my girls were younger. Now their hands are almost as big as mine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails