Monday, November 7, 2011

christmas in november with delicious treats

Our house is getting into the Christmas spirit.  Yes, I know it's not even Thanksgiving.  But once you hear what's going on under our roof, you won't blame me for encouraging the developments.


A few weeks ago, my husband asked me if we could have a weekly budget for buying CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS.  I about fell out of my seat.  He's not asking because I overspend on decorations and he feels the need to put the reins on me.  In fact, I can't remember the last time I bought a Christmas decoration.  He's asking because he's excited about decorating our home for the holidays!


{this craft blog must be getting to him in the deepest way possible}


So this desire to create a budget category just for decorations is entirely HIM.  I, of course, encouraged the idea and started to plan what I might purchase with our weekly budget of $5-$10 on decorations. 


Yesterday he comes home with a Christmas tin, candle, cookie dough, and adorable card that reads:


"Let's have a lot of laughs and a lot of fun with this holiday season.  You always bring joy to my life so I'm glad we get to make our own traditions and spend the holidays together."


{cue the "awwwwwww" from the crowd}


Turns out his inquiry for Christmas decorations was just a ploy to spend money on ME!  Christmas has already started here in the Smith house.  And I couldn't be happier.


To celebrate, I thought I'd introduce you to a special treat I just discovered for the holidays.  A SUPER easy treat, I might add.  And delicious.




It was really simple.  Just required some Vanilla flavored chocolate bark from the baking aisle - melted, of course.  JUMBO marshmallows.  And crushed candy cane.  Dip the marshmallow in the melted chocolate, and sprinkle with candy of your choice.


I used red, yellow, and orange sprinkles here for JoJo's Fireman party in October.  They were supposed to resemble a fire.  You get it, right?




I also tried the same thing on a graham cracker and ended up liking it even better.  These would make such cute neighbor gifts for the holidays.




My neighbors never got a taste.  Not even my husband.  I ate all eight of those the next morning for breakfast.  Being an adult is so fun!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh the graham crackers with chocolate and candy canes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails