Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Vandalism? Persecution? Reactions?

If you're a fan of my facebook page,
you'll remember the night I posted this picture saying JoJo was getting to spend the night with his BayBay at the Marriot.


Many of you wished me a fun night alone!
Well, that night was NOT as relaxing as we all hoped it would be.

It started off pretty normal as I pulled up to our house with one sleeping baby in the back.
I carried her carrier into the house, putting her down next to my basket of fake flowers in order to unlock the door.

I looked for a moment at those fake flowers.
For someone as crafty as me, I can't keep flowers alive.
But I like the welcoming, cheery look of them.
So I resort to fake.
Pretty pathetic :)

I transfer sweet Ditty to her crib and sit down at the computer to blog, browse Pinterest, and check my email.

I hear some ruckus from our downstairs neighbors {we live in a duplex}.
Suddenly, my neighbor FLIES through my kitchen screaming,

"FIRE!"

I run, following her down my front steps as we open the door to find my fake flowers engulfed in flames climbing up the side of my house.

Luckily, we managed to get it out with our water hose.

Here was the damage.


It could have been MUCH worse.

But it still freaked me out a little.
Especially when the cops confirmed my suspicions that  
this fire was set
on
purpose.

Who does something like this?!
Why us?!

I'll come back tomorrow with the follow up to this story.
In the meantime, be sure to catch up on WHY we live in Detroit, MI.
It's not an accident.
We chose to live here.
Smack dab in the inner city.

Crazy?
maybe.

2 comments:

  1. I lived in the suburbs of Detroit for 33 years. It's a scary city. I'm glad you are okay and hopefully this doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a scary thing...I'm glad you and your family are safe! It's interesting to see the places God takes us, places we never thought we'd live, when we follow His call. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails