Friday, February 18, 2011

Guest Post: Catherine from Radical Crafts

 I'm so excited to introduce you to our Guest Poster for today.  Catherine from Radical Crafts is an amazing lady who is also using her talents and creativity to help other people.  You all know that Better Life Bags seeks to make lives better one "purse" at a time, so anytime I find another like-minded business woman, I love to promote them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, my name is Catherine and I am so excited to be posting on Better Life Bags.
I think a lot of us started following Rebecca’s blog as a result of her awesome
Prayer Calendar and ever since then I’ve been amazingly blessed by her humility
and heart for the Lord. I have never met Rebecca in person but she has quickly
become a sweet friend in the blogosphere. I’m so grateful that she’s giving me a
chance to tell her amazing readers about my venture, Radical Crafts.


Radical Crafts is a forum where hopefully many people can come together to
raise money to assist those who are actively ministering in various parts of the
world for the sake of Christ to the glory of God.


Practically speaking, 
it's a craft shop selling handmade items with 100% of the
profits going to ministries and organizations.


For the months of Feb. - April the profits will go to E3 Kids - a US-based
ministry that raises money to support a Christian school in Mombasa, Kenya. We
are trying to raise money for boarding students (many of whom are orphans) to
have a dormitory where they will no longer have to share tiny mattresses and will
have adequate bathrooms.


Which brings me here…to YOU. For the trial period of the shop the profits
benefited my brother and sister-in-law’s Ethiopian adoption and we raised $450.
Not bad for just a couple of us crafting. BUT I am confident that so much more
can be done in the future with some help.

What I need are some crafty people like YOU to donate crafts to the shop. You
can check out the guidelines on the blog. It doesn’t have to be fancy and it can
be one thing or many…whatever you want to do. And I’ll do a special blog post
featuring each donor’s blog and/or shop.

Not so crafty? That’s okay! I would love to have your help in spreading the
word about the blog and shop.

I truly feel that God can use all of us to do amazing things. I would be honored if
you would come alongside me in prayer for this project.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at radicalcrafts(at)gmail(dot)
com. And if you're interested in donating anything, please let me
know!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Isn't she awesome?

Please, go check out her blog and her shop.
{She has some amazing things for sale!}
Consider donating some of your talents and crafts to help her cause.
And spread the word about her Facebook page to all your friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails