Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Turn your handwriting into a FONT!

Something extremely cool happened this past week.

I sent Darcy Baldwin from Sweet Shoppe Designs a sample of my handwriting...


... and she sent me back my VERY OWN FONT!

 

After uploading it to my computer (which was surprisingly simple), I am able to use it in Microsoft Word, Photoshop, etc...

How cool is that?!

Here is a little side by side comparison for you to judge the accuracy.


Pretty amazing, right?

Darcy was SO helpful in putting this together.  She had me redo my letters three times just so it would look perfect!  Her patience was really incredible.  I really recommend using her custom font service if this interests you at all!

I'm dreaming of all I can use my own font for:
~ Christmas Cards and Newsletters
~ Digital Scrapbooking
~ Journaling
~ Writing Letters on the computer!
~ Emails?!

I might even start to use it for my blog post titles.

What would YOU do with your very own font?!

{If you want one of your own, she has a few options for a custom font at VERY REASONABLE prices here.  Just tell her I sent you!!}

6 comments:

  1. My dad helped me with this a little while ago! It is so incredibly fun! I wanted to download it as a font on by blog but I thought that would be a little weird since I don't have the neatest handwriting. Yours is beautiful though, you should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I'm a sucker for personalized stuff. Definitely going to check it out! I definitely think you should use it for your blog. If I get it I'd use it for my photo books! Did you feel like writing neater than you normally do? My signature has deteriorated over the years - so much so that my bank gave me a hard time withdrawing some money I needed to go on a trip overseas! maybe I'd have to try to write a little neater version of my actual day to day scribble...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to use it in my scrapbooks for my son. Would save me time to not have to write it all out, yet it would be in my handwriting for him! Now I need to go practice all my letters before ordering!! I need to go some of that lined writing paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea! I love to write a christmas letter, but being a transcriptionist I type a lot faster than I write. I am always trying to find a font that makes my letter seem a little warmer and my own handwriting would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you love it, Rebecca!! It was a pleasure working with you!

    ~Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. this are great news!!!
    I'll love to get my own!
    thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails