Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cider Mill and Cream Cheese Pumpkin Roll

A few weekends ago, we went to visit one of the Cider Mills in town.

While I have been to many apple orchards, I had never been to a cider mill.

Apparently, this is where the apples are turned into CIDER - pretty self explanatory, right?
That wheel behind us actually does all the work.

 Little Bug enjoyed the apple cider donuts.

But wasn't too sure about feeding the goats.

One thing I was sure of as we left was that I NEEDED to make something delicious eat!
It put me in the mood for something sweet and fall-like.

So, I found this recipe from the McCormick website.

Cream Cheese Pumpkin Roll

It was paired so deliciously with a cup of coffee...

... and a date with my husband after Little Bug was in bed.

PLEASE go try out the recipe.  The cake was so moist and the cream cheese filling was the perfect addition of sweetness.
Mouth is watering as I type.
Good thing I have more canned pumpkin to make another roll!

Anyone else have good pumpkin or apple recipes to try?
Please post the recipe or link in the comment section so I can try them out!
Who knows... I might even do a blog post about how delicious your recipe is.

5 comments:

  1. I have made the pumpkin bars from this blog entry http://momminitup.com/culinary-fun/pumpkin-time/ twice now. They are SO yummy. The cream cheese frosting--which I don't normally like, is great. I made the amount called for in the recipe and it was actually enough to frost two pans of the pumpkin bars! This recipe is also extremely easy and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky!
    I don't think I've commented here before. I think what you're doing is just awesome.
    My favorite pumpkin recipe is these cookies. http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1910,139160-225202,00.html
    I think I make them every fall. They're delicious, and I don't usually care for pumpkin desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there. i have been posting fall dishes on my blog. a favorite of ours, and one i made last week, is pumpkin whoopie pies http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/pumpkin-whoopie-pies

    always a hit. and a favorite food site of mine: foodgawker.com it is great if you have certain ingredients on hand (or a taste for something). type ingredient (i.e. pumpkin) into the search and see what the baking bloggers are whipping up. i use the site a lot becuase we are in a CSA and it makes it easy to find a recipe exactly for the mood i am in.

    be well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Pumpkin Roll recipe looked so good, that I had to try it. I used a similar recipe from Libby's Pumpkin website. This was the first time I'd ever made something that had this many steps. I watched the on-line video twice, so I would know how to do it. Even though there were a lot of steps, they were easy steps. This came together well, and it is DELICIOUS! Gary was a little skeptical at first, but he loved it and had two pieces! This is a really fun, good dessert. Yummmmmm. Thanks for finding it. I know I'll make it again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails