Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cheap Wall Decoration

Wow!  Has it been a long time, or what?!

We moved into a new house here in Hamtramck, MI - one with AIR CONDITIONING.  Can't tell you how incredible that feels after two months of putting our pillows in the freezer before sleeping.

I now have blank walls to decorate ... again.  Whoo hooo!
 

Here's my first installment of some cheap decorating you can do to any room on a VERY small budget!

The first stage of this wall only took some embroidery hoops that I found in various sizes at the thrift store.  I also found coordinating fabrics to go with my pillows.  Placed the fabric in the hoops, trimmed the excess fabric, nailed, hammered, and hung!

 
I found an awesome frame at the thrift store that needed no spray painting!  It matches perfectly!  So, I took out what was previous inside (apparently a $75 value after looking at the original tag), got out some family heirloom doilies, arranged them in the frame and hung them on the wall!


Doesn't get much easier than that!

There is another stage to decorating this wall, but it will have to wait for another day.  YES, I will be posting more regularly :)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails