Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Decorate the Kitchen - Part 3


The kitchen was in major need of somewhere for me to write notes and small to-dos.

So, I came up with this dry erase board made from a cabinet door!


And just so you can do this, too - here's a step-by-step!

IKEA has a great "As Is" Section where I found this awesome cabinet door!

It was only $7!

I wasn't sure what to do with it when I bought it, but I figured I'd come up with something soon.
Sure enough, a few days later I was sitting at the kitchen table staring at a blank kitchen wall when the idea popped into my mind!
"Make that cabinet door into a dry erase notes board!"

So, I went to Joanns and bought the wood letters for a dollar each and spray painted them black.

Using some gorilla glue, I glued them to the top left section of the door.

What kitchen wouldn't be complete without a calendar?
I simply printed this one off the internet and taped it behind the glass.
(Each month, I will have to print a new one and retape it behind the glass again... shouldn't be too hard.)
I found these really great, vintage-looking, FREE calendar prints here and here.

Since this was a cabinet door, it had a drilled hole ready for the cute knob I picked up at Home Depot for $2.

Now, I have no idea how to install cabinet doors into real cabinets or what those round holes are for in the back, but they were perfect to use to hang it on the wall!

So, after a little measuring, a little leveling, and a little hammering, I had my complete dry erase cabinet door!
(By the way... how cute is that old wood chair I found in the house?  All it needed was a little pillow from the Salvation Army to complete the look!)

1 comment:

  1. Perfect timing!!! Just this weekend I was looking at a blank wall in my sewing room and trying to figure out what to do with it. I need something cute to keep track of all my ongoing quilts and sewing projects... this will be perfect! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails