Thursday, February 4, 2010

Shag Rug Emergency!

So, I was shopping at Target and came across this rug:


I thought it was SO cute, but it didn't match any of the room in my house.  Since I needed a new kitchen rug, I decided to make my own.  I thought I'd be saving myself $9.99.

I'm sort of regretting that decision...  SO I need your help!

Should I continue with this rug? 


Here's my thinking:

Why I want to finish:
- I need a rug to cover the awful apartment flooring in the kitchen (and I want to make it)
- I've already spent about 4 hours on it (YES, FOUR HOURS... I know, I'm not sure it's worth it)
- I have this horrible habit of not finishing things I start, and I'm determined to overcome that!

Why I want to quit:
- I've already spent about 4 hours on it! (and I'm not even halfway finished)
- I'm going to be so afraid something is going to spill on it (not smart to choose white as a color for a rug)
- I'm not sure I'm in love with it.

What do you think?  Should I keep going or just abandon the work?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh please finish and then tell me how you made it! I think it is looking fabulous! And if you spill something chances are it won't show because of the different variations of color!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails