Monday, February 22, 2010

Guess How Much I Love You

I just got done putting Little Bug to bed.  I cherish that time.  If I'm really lucky, he'll fall asleep while nursing and then I get to cuddle him a little bit while his head rests on my shoulder.  This never happens while he's awake.

The other day I pulled a new book out of the closet to read to Little Bug.



Have you read it?  It's about Big Nutbrown Hare and Little Nutbrown Hare.  Little Nutbrown Hare tells his Daddy how much he loves him, but his Daddy keeps coming back with bigger ways that he loves Little Nutbrown Hare.

The last few pages made me cry:

"I love you right up to the moon," Little Nutbrown Hare said, and closed his eyes. 
"Oh, that's far," said Big Nutbrown Hare. "That is very, very far."  
Big Nutbrown Hare settled Little Nutbrown Hare into his bed of leaves.  
He leaned over and kissed him good night.  
Then he lay down close by and whispered with a smile, 
"I love you right up to the moon - and back."

I get goosebumps every time I read that.  Because it's so true.  Little Bug has no idea how much I love him.  He can love me with everything he has and I will still love him more.

Kind of reminds me of God and how much He loves me... does it to you, too?

3 comments:

  1. Completely. We read this book along with a story from 'The Jesus Storybook Bible' (which I highly recommend you get a copy if you don't already have one--my husband and I both read through it in one sitting and ended up in tears; it's just so beautiful) every night before Em goes to bed. And I have the same feeling that you've described here. A sweet children's story, yet so profound and with such greater meaning. God's love is greater than we can ever understand, but I'm so thankful we get to experience a glimpse of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and super cute photo of the babe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book!! The line "I love you to the moon and back" was one of our favorite lines that my son and I always shared. When he was about 3 yrs. old we had a professional picture taken where we were reading this book together. It is still one of my favorite pictures!! Thanks so much for helping me relive this memory! They just grow up so fast!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails